Looking for a good credit repair company? We’ve put together a list of best credit repair companies for you!
In today’s world, you absolutely need a high credit score. Whether applying for a car loan, a mortgage, a background check, or an apartment, your credit score will play a critical role in the decision-making process. For better or worse, if you have a low credit score, you drastically reduce your options.
At Do Hard Money, we believe everyone should have a shot at financial freedom if they’re willing to work for it, no matter if their credit scores are good or not. That’s why we lend our hard money loans based on properties, not on credit score.
However, if you need to repair your credit score and are looking for a good credit repair company to help you out, we’ve done the research for you! We reviewed the credit repair companies all across the US and put together a list of the best credit repair companies in 2020!
In the following article, we’ll review the best credit repair companies in 2020, giving you the tools you need to select the one that best suits your needs. Specifically, we’ll cover each of the following companies:
- Lexington Law
- The Credit People
- Ovation Credit Services
- Sky Blue Credit
- The Credit Pros
- AMB Credit Consultants
- Bonus: Credit.com
Lexington Law is a trusted leader in credit repair. The company prides itself on fighting for every consumer’s right to an accurate, fair and substantiated credit report.
Of note, Lexington Law, as the name suggests, is an actual law firm. And, its experienced lawyers and paralegals work hard to protect consumers’ credit rights, ensuring that they have fair and accurate credit reports. Furthermore, the firm empowers clients to take charge of their credit and achieve their financial goals.
To make the credit repair process easier Lexington Law’s team identifies and challenges questionable items on its clients’ behalf. Using the firm’s patented credit repair process, clients have seen over 56 million negative items removed from credit reports since its founding in 2004.
Lexington Law’s credit repair process includes the following steps:
- Case intake
- Legal action
- Credit score analysis
- Follow-up and escalation
- Pricing: Lexington Law offers a variety of service levels to meet the unique needs and financial situations of every client. The firm’s credit repair service levels range from $89.85 to $129.95, with each option offering unique coverage to fix credit report errors.
CreditRepair.com prides itself on serving its customers beyond simply one-time credit repair. The company helps customers develop healthier relationships with their credit – and ultimately achieve their financial dreams. As such, CreditRepair.com addresses the root causes of bad credit, not just the credit score symptoms.
The company focuses on the customers, their stories, and their determination to make a positive change. And, in this capacity, CreditRepair.com has helped its customers see over 1.8 million removals from their credit reports since 2012.
The company follows the below three-step credit repair process:
- Challenge: CreditRepair.com first challenges questionable negative items with all three credit bureaus, ensuring both accurate and fair reports for its customers.
- Dispute: Next, the company asks creditors to verify negative items they report. If these creditors cannot document these negative items, the law mandates that they stop reporting them.
- Monitor: We continue to watch your credit, addressing additional issues as they arise so that you can stay on track and reach your goals.
- Pricing: CreditRepair.com offers aggressive, moderate, and basic credit repair plans with associated pricing. For detailed pricing breakdowns, customers should contact the company directly.
The Credit People
Founded in 2001, The Credit People has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Smart Money, and USA Today. The company believes that credit repair doesn’t need to be a hassle, and The Credit People team keeps the process simple. They review customer credit reports to identify negative items – and what could just be a little better.
After this initial review, The Credit People team gets right to work, disputing any questionable items on a credit report and addressing additional items they believe can help raise a customer’s credit score.
With nearly 20 years of experience, The Credit People have helped over 100,000 people with their credit.
- Pricing: The Credit People pricing includes two broad membership options: monthly or flat-rate. For the monthly option, customers begin for just $19 and pay as they go at $79/month and may cancel at any time. The flat-rate membership includes complete, six-month service and costs $419.
Ovation Credit Services
At Ovation Credit Services, the team prides itself on working strongly on behalf of the customer, disputing inaccurate credit report items directly with both the credit bureaus and actual creditors. With its significant experience, Ovation has effectively disputed every type of problem seen on credit reports.
- Pricing: Customers begin with a free consultation, and then they have the option to select one of two plans – Essentials Plus for $109/month or for Essentials $79/month.
Sky Blue Credit
Sky Blue Credit has offered credit repair and restoration services since 1989. At this company, the team insists on putting people first. And, in its credit repair program, Sky Blue designed every step to make the customer’s experience a happy – and effective – one.
- Pricing: Sky Blue charges an initial review/set-up fee of $79 followed by a monthly service fee of $79/month.
The Credit Pros
The Credit Pros team brings AI-driven technology to the credit repair market. Specifically, the company has spent 10 years building a cutting-edge credit repair methodology to drive results for its clients. And, it uses this technology to ensure its customers receive the best possible credit repair services for their money.
- Pricing: Customers can choose between three service tiers – Money Management Package for $49/month, Prosperity Package for $119/month, and the Success Package for $149/month.
AMB Credit Consultants
At AMB Credit Consultants, the team prides itself on serving as a loud – and authoritative – voice for its customers. Specifically, AMB Credit Consultants know the laws and know customers’ rights when it comes to credit reporting. The team will work hand-in-hand with its customers to ensure that inaccurate or questionable information that is leaving a negative impact on a credit report is resolved. Ultimately, the team here understands that this type of information not only ruins people’s credit reputation, it makes life much harder to live.
- Pricing: Customers pay a one-time enrollment of $149 followed by a monthly fee of $99/month.
Unlike the old-school credit repair model, the ScoreShuttle software offers consumers a digital, do-it-yourself solution to increase their credit scores. ScoreShuttle is not a traditional credit repair service. Rather, this company offers game-changing credit management technology. From click-button dispute capabilities to score-boosting tutorials, ScoreShuttle has everything consumers need to improve their creditworthiness and achieve their financial goals.
ScoreShuttle’s system includes the following major pillars to improving credit:
- Review and challenge: The system analyzes your credit report, highlighting negative items. With a single click, users can then activate the dispute cycle to challenge errors with all three credit bureaus.
- Guided learning: ScoreShuttle creates a learning experience personalized to each user. Specifically, the system offers a 12-month curriculum, allowing users to progress through short videos and monthly tasks to provide a self-guided learning experience teaching you how to improve your credit score.
- Protect your scores: ScoreShuttle partners with Experian to provide a market-leading security bundle, including ID theft protection and continuous credit monitoring.
- Pricing: ScoreShuttle’s Premium subscription provides access to the company’s entire credit-boosting toolkit. The package begins at $129/month for the first six months, and then drops to $59/month.
The only UK-based company on this list, ScottishTrustDeed.co.uk helps people repair their credit scores and debt. However, what sets this company apart is its humane approach to such complex problems. As a financial advice company specializing in debt advice for those struggling with monthly debt payments, the company prides itself on working with people to truly understand their unique situations – and how to best support them.
Established in 2009, ScottishTrustDeed.co.uk aims to help individuals in a seemingless bottomless pit of debt by negotiating with their creditors and returning them to financial stability. The company refuses to overcomplicate things with its clients, instead finding the best way to explain and implement solutions so the underlying problems don’t repeat themselves.
The ScottishTrustDeed.co.uk team understands that everyone can find themselves in difficult financial situations, and the company’s mission is to help its clients recover from those situations – and never need the services of a credit repair company again!
- Pricing: ScottishTrustDeed.co.uk offers free initial advice, with no cost if you change your mind after meeting with one of the company’s advisors. Should a potential client decide to use ScottishTrustDeed.co.uk’s services, the advisors will provide a detailed breakdown of associated charges.
We’ve included Credit.com as a bonus, because the company does not actually provide credit repair services. However, the company provides a wealth of credit-related information and services and, as such, serves as an outstanding resource for anyone on a journey to better credit.
With a Credit.com account, customers receive a free Experian credit score and a free credit report card. And, the company presents this information in a personalized, easy-to-read dashboard that lets people A) see their scores, and B) what actually goes into those scores.
Specifically, this free Credit.com account shows people their credit score and a snapshot of five key areas that affect their scores: payment history, credit utilization, credit history, account mix, and credit inquiries. And, there’s no cost, no hard credit check and no credit card or Social Security number required.